|Click to view:
April SERC Meeting 4/6 @ 7 PM
A special Presentation by Ed Allen WA4ISB
You Do Not Want To Miss This
Contact Bill K4FLV
(gulfrader at verizon dot net)
More information is available : http://www.arrl.org/hr-1301
Sarasota Half Marathon
FANTASTIC JOB BY ALL
It is with great sorrow that we say our final 73 to John Foltz WA4BUP (Big Ugly Poppa), SK. John was always present on the SERC repeaters. A long time friend and a very active ham. He will be missed by all.
73 John, from all of us at SERC and the amateur radio community
Whiskey Island Dxpedition
February 28, 2015
( Here )
4/25 – 4/26 Florida QSO Party
Any interest?? e-mail Den @ SERC@N4SER.org
FIELD DAY 6/27 – 6/28 mark your calendars
Have you checked into our Wednesday Night Net???
146.730 (-) PL 100
On the air (145.050 MHz):
N4SER-10: e-mail gateway
N4SER digipeater air
DIY: Soundcard WinLink.. how you can put WinLink in your shack without a TNC..
THANKS to those who contributed time and/or $ W3DJM, K4FLV, AK4YH, W9SMR, AJ4FW, W2DEN / N2RDX, K4JBV
Everything you ever wanted to know about WinLink on our Elmer pages: HERE
04/26 – 04/26/2015 Florida QSO Party
06/27 – 06/28/2015 FIELD DAY
Want to get more involved?
The Red Cross needs you.
Radio operators are needed to help the Red Cross during a disaster. Working in the Red Cross Chapter House, operating from a shelter etc. If you are interested talk with Den W2DEN and he can help you get signed up..
SERC Radio Room Upgrade Project
- Laptop computer: Wired and/or wireless network, serial port or serial to USB adapter.
- Vista, Win7 or Win8 OS… sorry but XP is getting too outdated.
- Wireless router: wireless G, (G/N would be nice) with at least 4 wired ports.
- a TNC (see Winlink below).
- 2 – flat screen monitors… 600 x 800 resolution or more.
- 2 – usb keyboards.
- 2 – amplified audio distribution systems for the rig outputs…..
- Minimum 2 headphone jacks.
- Volume controls.
- Windom Improvement:
- The Windom antenna does not function very well… proven during the FL QSO Party.
- Help is needed to recondition it and put it back up at a higher point on the tower.
- Additional antenna(s) for HF.
- A dream: a triplexer and 3 band pass filters for the YAGI so we can run 2 stations into the single antenna!
- See QST Issue: Jun 2010 Title: HF Yagi Triplexer Especially for Field Day. Click to download the article: http://p1k.arrl.org/pubs_archive/137277
- Wire A/C for the amplifier… need 20 amp 110 or 220 vac (preferred) dedicated line.
- ??? we are looking for suggestions, what would you like to see in the room.
2 computer to radio interfaces are being constructed and should be completed by field day.
This will allow voice keying from the computers as well as digital modes; PSK, RTTY etc.
If you would like to contribute, time, money, equipment please contact any SERC board me