|Click to view:
*** Florida QSO Party ***
April 25 / 26
We will be participating in the Florida QSO Party this year from the Sarasota ARC Radio Room
All are invited to stop by, socialize and make some QSOs
We will be there at noon on the 25th for the start of the event.
After that we’ll play it by ear.
Any questions contact Den SERC@N4SER.org
Vote for Steve (WC4SE)’s Volunteer Picture ( Link )
You have until 4/28 to vote for Steve’s volunteer picture.
Sarasota EOC Amateur Radio Open House
April 29th 7 – 9 PM
At the new Sarasota EOC building
6050 Porter Way, Sarasota (map)
SARACS, Sarasota Auxiliary Communications Service, (Link)
is holding an amateur open house.
All amateurs and want to be amateurs are invited to see the new EOC building and learn first hand how amateur radio fits into our county’s emergency plans.
GOOD DEAL: Harbor Freight 700 W Genie $88 (Link)
The awards are now available
Sign in here follow the instruction in the ‘Award’ tabs.
Paper the Walls
How about adding your QSL card to the N4SER shack’s wall?
Bring one to a meeting or mail one to Den (QRZ address is OK)
We’ll put it up in the shack.
SERC Members only please.
Sarasota County Emergency Management and the Suncoast Technical College (Sarasota County Technical Institute, SCTI) announce the scheduling of the next CERT(Citizens Emergency Response Team) Basic Course, to begin the last week of May.
Individuals or neighborhood teams are welcomed.
Seats are first-come, first-served and the class size is limited to 20 seats.
ALL MODULES MUST BE ATTENDED.
Contact Anne Miller at 941-861-5930, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
04/26 – 04/26/2015 Florida QSO Party
06/27 – 06/28/2015 FIELD DAY
THANKS to ALL VOLUNTEERS
Watch this video:
The Sarasota Emergency Radio Club supports the Tour de Cure
More information is available : http://www.arrl.org/hr-1301
Sarasota Half Marathon
FANTASTIC JOB BY ALL
Whiskey Island Dxpedition
February 28, 2015
( Here )
FIELD DAY 6/27 – 6/28 mark your calendars
Have you checked into our Wednesday Night Net???
146.730 (-) PL 100
On the air (145.050 MHz):
N4SER-10: e-mail gateway
N4SER digipeater air
DIY: Soundcard WinLink.. how you can put WinLink in your shack without a TNC..
THANKS to those who contributed time and/or $ W3DJM, K4FLV, AK4YH, W9SMR, AJ4FW, W2DEN / N2RDX, K4JBV
Everything you ever wanted to know about WinLink on our Elmer pages: HERE
Want to get more involved?
The Red Cross needs you.
Radio operators are needed to help the Red Cross during a disaster. Working in the Red Cross Chapter House, operating from a shelter etc. If you are interested talk with Den W2DEN and he can help you get signed up..
SERC Radio Room Upgrade Project
- Laptop computer: Wired and/or wireless network, serial port or serial to USB adapter.
- Vista, Win7 or Win8 OS… sorry but XP is getting too outdated.
- Wireless router: wireless G, (G/N would be nice) with at least 4 wired ports.
- a TNC (see Winlink below).
- 2 – flat screen monitors… 600 x 800 resolution or more.
- 2 – usb keyboards.
- 2 – amplified audio distribution systems for the rig outputs…..
- Minimum 2 headphone jacks.
- Volume controls.
- Windom Improvement:
- The Windom antenna does not function very well… proven during the FL QSO Party.
- Help is needed to recondition it and put it back up at a higher point on the tower.
- Additional antenna(s) for HF.
- A dream: a triplexer and 3 band pass filters for the YAGI so we can run 2 stations into the single antenna!
- See QST Issue: Jun 2010 Title: HF Yagi Triplexer Especially for Field Day. Click to download the article: http://p1k.arrl.org/pubs_archive/137277
- Wire A/C for the amplifier… need 20 amp 110 or 220 vac (preferred) dedicated line.
- ??? we are looking for suggestions, what would you like to see in the room.
2 computer to radio interfaces are being constructed and should be completed by field day.
This will allow voice keying from the computers as well as digital modes; PSK, RTTY etc.
If you would like to contribute, time, money, equipment please contact any SERC board me